Formerly known as TransferWise, Wise is an online money transfer service. They also offer apps for Android and iOS. Using Wise, we can transfer money to our friends and relatives in foreign countries. They claim that the money transfer is completed almost instantly and they give best exchange rates compared to other financial institutions.
For using Wise, you must create a user account and fill in various personal details along with your debit or credit cards. This information stays with your account even if you do not use it for months or years. If you are not going to use your Wise account in near future then it is better that you close your account to avoid any serious problems.
Here is how you can close your account for Wise service that is used to transfer money online:
- Visit https://wise.com/ in your web browser and login to your account.
- Click on the user icon near the top-right corner to pull down the menu and select Settings from the menu.
- Scroll down to the very bottom of the settings page, click on Close your account and then on Continue.
- It will display information about what is going to happen when you close your Wise account, namely you won’t be able to use your debit card, view the transfer history and various other account related features. You can proceed by clicking on I’m okay with that.
- Now it will ask for a reason, you have to select a reason such as “not using this service anymore”, “problems with transfers” etc. Then click on the button labeled Close Account.
- Finally, it will display the information that your account has been closed – you can click on Done to dismiss the message.
This is a very easy way to close your Wise account. If you are having troubles closing your account then you can contact wise through various options available at https://wise.com/help/.