Windows 11 has a new feature called Focus. It is a special mode that can be used when you want to focus on your tasks and do not want anything on the computer to distract you. When this Focus mode is enabled, you are going to see a timer on your screen. This timer displays the time remaining in your Focus session. Each Focus session can be enabled only for a limited time after which Windows automatically goes back to the normal mode.
If you also want to work on your Windows 11 computer free of all the usual distractions, then you can enable the Focus mode in the following manner:
- Click on the Start and then on the cogwheel icon to open Settings.
- In Settings, select System and then Focus.
- Choose the duration for which you want Focus session to be enabled. It can be anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours.
- Choose options like showing of the Focus timer in the Clock app, hiding of badges on the taskbar app, hide flashing of the taskbar apps, turning on of the do not disturb feature and more.
- Click on Start Focus Session to start the session.
- Now you can click on the Clock app to see the Focus status and how much time remains in its session.
- You can also choose to end the session in middle before its timer has finished.
During the Focus session, you can work on your project or task without any distraction. It suppresses any notifications and messages. But if you start a longer Focus session, you might miss some important notification. This is why the Focus feature should be used in smaller duration sessions like 20-30 minutes. You can divide your task into many parts and finish them using these smaller Focus sessions. This way you will also get some time to relax between each of these sessions.