Second Life is a virtual world that we can be part of through the internet. No matter who you are and what you do in your real life, you can be anyone in the Second Life. This virtual online world has existed since 2003 and many people have become a member of this world which has many exciting destinations and cities.
In order to join Second Life, you can create a free account and choose an identity for yourself. You can wear any clothes and even create a place for yourself where others can visit you. Even though the graphics have more or less stayed the same for part many years, the real fun is in exploring this world and meeting new people.
Like other online services these days, Second Life also offers multi-factor authentication for securing your account. Multi-factor authentication offered by Second Life is basically two-factor authentication and we can enable it in the following manner:
- Visit Second Life https://secondlife.com/ in your web browser and login to your account.
- Visit your user account dashboard at https://secondlife.com/my/.
- Click on Account to expand the Account section.
- Click on Multi-Factor Authentication, scroll down and click on small Get Started button.
- Scan the QR Code displayed using Google Authenticator app on your Android phone.
- Enter the two consecutive tokens from Google Authenticator app to Second Life Multi-Factor Authentication web page.
- MFA is now enabled. You will have to now login using your email address, password and the Google Authenticator code for Second Life.
Instead of the Google Authenticator app, you can also use some other apps such as Microsoft Authenticator, Twilio Authy Authenticator, FreeOTP Authenticator, LastPass Authenticator, Aegis Authenticator and more. Basically any app that supports TOTP based authentication can be used.
When you want to disable the Multi-Factor Authentication in Second Life, you will have to enter the code from the Authenticator app once. If you have lost the app, then you can also disable it using the code sent via email.