In the new versions of Mozilla Firefox web browser (versions 106 and later), you will notice a new feature called Firefox View. It appears as a new tab positioned to the extreme left of the web browser interface. When we select this tab, we can see all the information about the Firefox web browser. It shows the recent browsing, open tabs, history, recently closed tabs and the tabs open on other devices. If you have logged in to Firefox using your Firefox account on other devices such as Android devices or laptops, then the open tabs and history from those devices are also included.
But some of us do not want any extra features and are happy without the Firefox View feature. For those people who do not find Firefox View useful, here are simple steps to remove Firefox View from the Firefox web browser.
These steps work only for the newest version of Firefox (119 and later):
- Launch Firefox web browser, type about:config in the address bar and press Enter.
- A warning will be displayed, but you can click on the agree button to proceed.
- In the search textbox, type browser.tabs.firefox-view to find the settings we need.
- Find the settings browser.tabs.firefox-view and browser.tabs.firefox-view-next and change their values to false by double-clicking on them.
- This will make the Firefox View disappear from Mozilla Firefox web browser.
Firefox View can once again be enabled by repeating the same steps except that this time, you have to reset the values of these settings to their default ones. For this, you can click on the “Undo” button shown next to each of these two settings.
Firefox View is a good feature that can really help the Firefox users when they are logged into their Firefox account on several devices. They can access all the tabs from Firefox on all the devices using Firefox View.