Windows 11 23H2 has been released and is available for download. For the users who are already running Windows 11 or Windows 10, this major Windows 11 update is available through the automatic updates as well.
But Microsoft has retained the hardware requirements for Windows 11 in this update as well. If you have somehow bypassed these requirements and are running Windows 11, then this new update will not be automatically installed on your Windows PC.
Some of the exciting features of Windows 11 23H2 include native support for 7Z and RAR archives, as far as extraction from these archives is concerned. So now you do not have to look elsewhere to extract files from such archives if you come across them.
If you want to clean install Windows 11 23H2 on your brand new (or old ) PC then you can download its ISO image in the following manner:
- Visit https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows11 in your web browser. It works in all the popular web browsers.
- Scroll down to the ISO download section on this webpage, select Windows 11 (multi-edition ISO for x64 devices) and then click on the Download Now button.
- Select a language in which you want the Windows, such as “US English” and then click on Confirm button. The language should be carefully selected. There is huge difference between UK English and US English versions.
- It will display a download button and display the time limit (24 hours) up to which the download link will be active. You can click on the Download button to start the download.
- Depending on your internet connection, it may take a few minutes to a few hours for the download to complete. On my data connection, the ISO download was completed in less than 3 minutes.
Once you have downloaded the ISO image (Win11_23H2_English_x64.iso), you can use Rufus to create a bootable USB for installing Windows 11. Rufus also modifies the installation files so as to bypass any hardware requirements. Rufus can be downloaded from https://rufus.ie/.