The PDF file format is a portable document file format which is a proprietary format of Adobe Inc. This format can carry text, images and fonts. As such these files are device and platform independent. Windows Vista does not natively allow you to create PDF files. But you can use a freeware third party utility to add this functionality. Here is how :
- Download Cute PDF Writer from http://download.cutepdf.com/download/CuteWriter.zip.
- Exract the contents to a folder. First install the GPL GhostScript by running converter.exe. Then install CutePDF Writer by running CuteWriter.exe.
- Now you are ready to create a PDF file. Open any document. Select File → Print or any other shortcut to print that document.
- Choose CutePDF Writer from the list of printers in the Print Dialog as shown. Then click OK.
- You will see a Save As dialog. Choose the location of the PDF file and click Save.
- You have just created a PDF document from the open document.