If a user does not need his/her account for some period of time, you may want to disable his/her account temporarily for security reasons. This article tells you how to disable a user account in Windows Vista. Only an administrator can delete or disable user accounts.
- Press the keyboard key combination Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog, type lusrmgr.msc and press Enter
- In the window that opens up, select Users category in the left side pane. You will see all the users listed in the middle pane.
- Double-click on the username of the user account, which you want to disable.
- In the Properties window, choose Account is disabled.
- Click OK to save the settings.