How many times you want to capture a web page and save it as an image? Now you can capture a portion of a web page or the complete web page and save it as an PNG image using the Screen Capture extension in Google Chrome. Here is how :
- Visit https://chrome.google.com/extensions/ in the Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the blue Install button to install the Screen Capture extension
- It will prompt you for confirmation. Click on Install to proceed.
- After Screen Capture extension is installed in your Chrome browser, you would see a cascaded window like icon in the top-right corner of Google Chrome. Right click on it and choose Options to open the Screen Capture options.
- In the options page, you can choose the quality of captured screenshot. Lossy screenshot is lower quality capture while lossless screenshot is high quality capture. You can also choose the save location, where the captures screenshots are saved. Click Save and close after you have changed the options.
- To capture the screenshot of a web page just click on the Screen Capture icon in the toolbar as shown. Then choose what kind of capture you want – visible content, a region of the webpage or the whole webpage.
- After taking the screenshot, Chrome will show you the image along with an array of image editing tools – highlight, redact, text and line.
Using the highlight tool, you can highlight different regions of the screenshot. With redact tool you can hide or blur a portion of the image. The text tool can be used to write a text on the image while the line tool can be used to put a line or arrow on the image.
- After you have done the editing, you can click on the Save button to save the image. If you click on the Close button, the image will be closed without saving.
The visible capture takes the snapshot of the currently visible portion of the webpage in the browser. The region capture lets you select the region of webpage you want to capture. The whole webpage capture snaps the full webpage – even the portion not visible without scrolling down.