Microsoft Edge browser is the new browser that comes pre-installed in Windows 10. But since it is designed by Microsoft, it incorporates all types of Microsoft related services like Cortana, Bing home page, Bing search engine and so on. Although Bing is popular search engine, many people want to use Google, Yahoo or DuckDuckGo for their own personal reasons. Edge allows you to change the default web browser, but it is a little tricky unlike the other web browsers. But with a little effort you can successfully change the default search engine in Edge browser to any search engine that supports OpenSearch standards.
- Launch Edge browser and browse the website of the search engine that you want to set as a default search engine. We are going to use DuckDuckGo as an example.
- Click or touch the More Settings (…) button near the top-right corner and choose Settings from the menu.
- Scroll down the menu that appears and select View advanced settings.
- In the list under Search in the address bar with, you will see Bing as your default search engine. Click or touch on Bing and choose Add new.
- You will see the website in the list. In our case, we see DuckDuckGo listed. If you do not see any site, then you have to open the search engine website as explained in step 1 above and proceed again. Select the website and click or touch on Add as default button.
- That’s it. You have successfully set the default search engine in the Microsoft Edge web browser.
Microsoft Edge web browser uses Bing as the default search engine. If you do not prefer Bing, then you can change it to any other search engine easily provided that search engine supports Open Search standards.