Microsoft Windows comes with Edge browser installed already and it is set to be the default web browser on Windows 11. On Microsoft Edge browser, Bing is set as the default search engine. Bing is a search engine that displays remarkably beautiful images as backgrounds on their desktop website.
These astoundingly lovely backgrounds from Bing are often the hard work of professional photographers from all over the world. These backgrounds range from buildings, historical structures, events to nature and animals. There are many applications like as Bing Wallpaper, Bing Desktop or Bing Wallpaper Downloader that can automatically fetch and set these wallpapers from the Bing site.
But if you do not want to use any of these tools, you can use Firefox to set Bing background as your Windows desktop wallpaper easily. Here is how it is done:
- In Mozilla Firefox browser, visit Bing search at https://www.bing.com/.
- Right-click on the Bing background and select Open Image in New Tab from the context-menu.
- When the Bing background image is opened in the new tab, switch to this new tab. Right-click on the background image and select Set Image as Desktop Background.
- You will see a tiny window from where you can choose the position of the background (center, stretch, tile, fill or fit), the background color (in case smaller image is used), and then click on the Set Desktop Background button.
- This is it, now you can press Win+D to minimize everything and view the desktop. You will see that Bing background is now your Windows desktop background too.
So this is a very simple method of setting Bing background as the desktop background on Windows. The desktop background used in this manner affect only the user accounts of the currently logged in user on Windows. You can use this method for any other online image as well.