When you visit a web page, your browser sends information to the web site about the browser you are using and the operating system you are running – called user agent. Unlike in any other browser, in Apple Safari you can change the user agent without any third party add-ons. This way you can fool a web site into thinking that you are using some other browser like Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer. Here is how :
- Run Apple Safari. On the top-right side, you would see a settings gears like icon. Click on it and select Options as shown
- In the Preferences window, select the Advanced tab.
- Check the checkbox labeled Show Develop menu in menu bar
- Close the Preferences window.
- Now you can click on the file menu at the top-right corner of Apple Safari and select Develop → User agent.
- You can choose from many browsers, many browser versions running on Mac or Windows as shown :