The latest version of Google Chrome web browser opens a New Tab page instead of your homepage when you start the browser. The New Tab page shows you a gallery of various sites you have visited and the various tabs you have recently closed. If you do not like the New Tab page opening and want the homepage to open instead, then you can follow these easy instructions :
- Open your Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the wrench like icon on the top-right. Then choose Options from the menu as shown
- In the Google Chrome Options window, select the Basic tab.
- Select the option labeled Open this page unde the category Home page and type in the web site address for your homepage.
- Close the Google Chrome Options window by clicking on the Close button.