Sometimes, we find that the Microsoft Internet Explorer window is being opened off the visible portion of the screen, it is opened too small or too big etc. This happens because the Internet Explorer window placement settings have been changed. The window placement settings determine the location and the size of the Internet Explorer window when you open it. To fix this, you can reset the Internet Explorer window placement settings in the Registry. Here is how :
- Close all the open Internet Explorer windows.
- Press the keyboard combination Windows logo key + R to bring up the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog, type regedit to open the Registry Editor.
- In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following key :
- On the right-side pane, you would find a value named Window_Placement. Select it by clicking on it and then press the Del key to delete it. You can also right-click on it and select Delete from the right-click menu.
- That’s it. You have reset the Internet Explorer window placement settings. Now if you open the Internet Explorer, it should open in its default location and the Registry settings will be re-created.