Google+ is slowly adding all the useful features to fully compete with Facebook. Now you can receive your Google+ huddle conversations and stream messages on your cellphone through SMS (short messaging service). All you have to do is add your cellphone number to your Google+ profile and you would start receiving text messages immediately after verification. At present this SMS service seems to be available only for India and United States but is expected soon to include more countries. Here is how you can add your mobile phone to your Google+ profile and start receiving SMS messages :
- If you are not already logged in, then visit https://plus.google.com/ and log in to your Google+ account.
- After loggin in, visit https://plus.google.com/settings/plus to open the Google+ settings page for your Google+ profile.
- Click on Add phone number to add your phone number to your Google+ profile. Choose your country from the drop-down list, enter your mobile number and then click on the Send verification code as shown,
- After you have received your verification code on your mobile phone, enter your code and click on the Confirm button as shown.
- Now you have to change settings so you can receive SMS messages on your mobile phone. Under the Set delivery preferences, below your mobile phone number choose notifications via SMS as shown.
- Now you can choose what kind of messages you would like to receive on your mobile phone. Scroll down on the same Google+ settings page and you can choose which kind of messages you want to recieve on phone by clicking on the phone checkbox in the long list as shown. The settings are automatically saved.
- Now you should be able to receive SMS messages of your Google+ profile on your phone. To send SMS to your Google+ profile, just send text messages from your mobile phone to +9192222222 in India (at present available in India only). To know basic rules abour SMS posting on Google+, you can consult Google+ help article http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1304920&p=plusone_promo_sms.