Do you want to give your pictures a retro look as if they are from a bygone era of 60s or 70s? Usually you have to know some expert skills in Adobe Photoshop (or GIMP) to give your pictures a retro look. But now you can use the Pixlr-o-matic online tool to add many cool retro vintage effects without any knowledge of the graphics editing. The Pixlr-o-matic tool is powered by the popular online image editor Pixlr. You can use it from any modern web browser that supports Adobe Flash. Using this fun and simple Pixlr tool you can apply filters, lighting and borders very easily. Here is how you can use the Pixlr-o-matic online tool in your browser :
- Visit the Pixlr-o-matic site at http://pixlr.com/o-matic/ in your web browser.
- When the Pixlr-o-matic site loads, you are given option to take a snap using your web cam or to upload a picture from your camera. You can choose from either of the options, but uploading a picture taken by an HD camera gives better results for the obvious reasons.
- After uploading a picture, you are shown an variety of color effects that you can apply to your picture. Simply, click on an effect to apply it. Each of the color effects give your picture a different vintage look. Just go through each of the effects till you feel satisfied.
- You can move on to next section by clicking on the forward right arrows at the bottom of the Pixlr-o-matic. In this section, you can choose to apply many vinatge camera film effects to make your picture look really vintage and old. For example, you can make it look as if the film was washed out and scratched using one of the effects. Again, just click on any of the effects to apply it.
- In the next section, you can choose from many of the vintage borders for your picture. You can choose from different types of borders like white, flowery, scrap, dirt, sand etc. This really makes your picture have a worn out look.
- In the next and the final section, you can choose to save the modified image file to your computer. You can click on the computer icon to save the picture to your hard disk. If you want, you can also share this picture at the imm.io picture sharing service by clicking on its icon.
Pixlr-o-matic is powered by Pixlr and allows you to apply vintages filters in three levels – color effects, film effects and finally the border effects. Using Pixlr-o-matic you can give your pictures a retro look very easily. So if you want to give your pictures a vintage look but do not have the Photoshop skills and do not want to spend money for a professional service, then just fire up your browser and visit the Pixlr-o-matic web site.