Since Windows 10 comes loaded with an arsenal of recovery tools and allows you to reset or refresh the operating system, Windows 10 users do not really need a system repair disk. But the usefulness of having a system repair disk ready for use cannot be denied nonetheless. This is especially of great use for those users who do not have a Windows DVD/USB installation media because a repair disk can be used to troubleshoot some of the very serious problems in Windows that might be preventing your PC from booting properly. Here is how you can create a system repair disk in Windows 10:
- Press the hotkey Win+X and select Control Panel from the menu that appears.
- In the Control Panel search for “backup” and select Backup and Restore (Windows 7) section when it appears.
- In the Backup and Restore (Windows 7) section, click on Create a system repair disk from the left side list of options.
- Insert a blank CD/DVD in the optical disk writer and click on the Create Disk button in the system repair disk wizard window.
- The disk creation does not take a very long time. When the disk is ready, it informs you about the repair disk and that you should keep it in a safe place for emergencies.
- You can label this disk “System repair disk for Windows 10” and keep it somewhere so that you do not forget about it when the need arrives.
The system repair disk can be used to boot into your PC and fix some of the known problems that may prevent Windows from booting properly. It also contains Windows recovery tools using which you can restore Windows to a previous restore point or reset it back to factory state.