If you are using the modern style of Start Menu in Windows XP, then classic Desktop icons like My Computer etc. disappear from the Desktop. But if you want a shortcut to My Computer on your Desktop, then you can create it easily. Here is how :
- Right click on an empty space on your desktop
- From the context menu, select New → Shortcut.
- Copy – paste the following string in the location field and click Next to continue.
- Type My Computer as the name of the shortcut. Click Finish to create the shortcut.
- That’s all. You will find a shortcut to My Computer now on your Desktop.