Twitter has evolved into a revolutionary and very popular micro-blogging social networking site. but social networking can be very addicting for the young mind. If you find yourself spending many hours everyday tweeting on the twitter site, then its time to deactivate your twitter account. You may also want to deactivate the twitter account for other personal reasons like lack of interest in the tweeting etc.
Deactivating your account permanently removes your profile and information from Twitter. Deactivated profiles will take thirty days to clear from the twitter’s internal systems. While the deactivation is being completed, usernames or email addresses cannot be used in the creation of a new account. Here is how you can deactivate or delete your twitter account :
- Visit the twitter web site in your web browser and log in to your account.
- Open your twitter Account Settings page by visiting http://twitter.com/settings/account.
- Click Deactivate my account at the bottom of the page (shown below).
- You will be shown a confirmation page. Click on the Okay, fine, deactivate my account to proceed.
- You will have to enter your twitter account password to finish the final deactivation step. Enter your password and click on the Deactivate account as shown and your twitter account would be deactivated.
Please note that this deactivation is final and permanent action. So think twice before you deactivate your twitter account. For more information, you can visit the twitter help center at http://support.twitter.com/entries/15358-how-to-deactivate-your-account.