Firefox is a very flexible web browser. This great flexibility comes through different add-ons which may add more features to the already feature rich Mozilla Firefox. But sometimes some add-ons may not act as they should and interfere in the normal working of the Firefox web browser. It is for the times like this, Firefox offers a simple and easy way to restart Firefox without add-ons. Starting Firefox without any add-ons may resolve add-on related problems and let your browse websites without any obstructions. Here is how you can start Firefox without any add-ons :
Method 1 :
- Start Mozilla Firefox as you would normally.
- Click on the orange Firefox button on the top left and select Help → Restart with add-ons disabled as shown in the picture below :
- This would make Firefox close and restart with all the add-ons disabled.
Method 2 :
- Close all the open Firefox windows.
- Press the keyboard combination Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog, type firefox -safe-mode and press Enter, as shown in the picture below
- You would be shown a window where you can make permanent changes in the Firefox settings. Leave all the settings alone (unchecked) and click on the Continue in Safe Mode as shown.
- This would make Firefox start with all the add-ons disabled in the Safe mode. In addition to disabling all the add-ons and themes, toolbars and other controls are also reset in the Safe mode.