We have seen that how you can put a shortcut to the Recycle Bin in the taskbar in Windows 7, just like in Ubuntu Linux. You can read that article here : how to pin Recycle Bin on taskbar. Once you have the Recycle Bin in your Windows taskbar, you no longer need the main icon on the desktop. You can remove the Recycle Bin icon from the desktop. This is how :
- Press the key combination Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type gpedit.msc in the Run dialog and press Enter. This would start the Local Group Policy Editor.
- In the Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to User Configuration → Administrative Templates → Desktop as shown
- Scroll down the list on the right side pane and find Remove Recycle Bin icon from desktop.
- Double-click on Remove Recycle Bin icon from desktop and choose Enabled and click OK to save the settings.