Whatever you post over the Facebook, can be seen by your friends, friends of friends or by everyone depending on how you have chosen your sharing settings. You can choose if you want to share quotes, status, posts, videos, photos, bio and birthday among other things on Facebook. Here is how :
- Login to your Facebook account.
- From the top-right of the Facebook web page, choose Account → Privacy Settings as shown,
- You will see a your sharing settings. You will see presets on the left side – Everyone, Friends of friends, Friends only and Recommended. Clicking on them affects all the items shown on the right side. Suppose you click on Everyone preset on the left side, then all the items will be shared with everyone. You definitely do not want that. The Recommended preset is a combination of values chosen by Facebook for you.
- To customize the settings click on Custom on the left side and then click on Customize settings link on the bottom as shown in the above picture.
- In the page that opens, you can choose share options for each individual item like posts, family, relationships etc.
- After you have selected the sharing settings, click on Back to Privacy button on the top.
- That’s it. You have customize your sharing settings on Facebook.