The SuperFetch feature in Windows 7 preloads the most used programs, so that they start faster. But this can hog a lot of system resources trying to load most used programs every time you start Windows. Here is how you can turn it off :
- Press the key combination Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type services.msc in the Run dialog and press Enter.
This would open the Services window, which lists all the system services.
- Scroll down and select the Superfetch service as shown,
- Right click on the Superfetch and select Properties from the right click menu.
- In the Properties window, select the startup type as Disabled as shown,
- Click OK button to save the changes.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.