Last night, I was presented with yet another Android update message. So I chose to begin the update and went to sleep, thinking I would be using new updated version of Android in the morning. I don’t know what happened during the night, but when I tried to use the phone in the morning, I bombarded me with errors – “Unfortunately, Bluetooth has stopped” and “Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped”. No matter how many times I touched OK in the error messages, they reappeared almost instantaneously. The phone was rendered useless with these errors popping up repeatedly. So I spent the afternoon in figuring out a possible solution to this problem.
I found out that there are two ways to solve this problem. The first method works when the errors appear only one or two times and you are able to use the phone in spite of the errors. The second method is for the times when you are not able to use the phone at all.
- Open Android System Settings and select Apps from under the Device section.
- On the Apps screen, switch to the All Apps section and choose the app or the process that is causing the problem. In this case, we select the Bluetooth app.
- On the app info screen for that app, you have to touch on the Clear Data button to clear all the obsolete data for that app.
- Repeat the steps 2 and 3 for all the apps or processes causing the errors and then reboot your phone.
- Please ensure that you have a backup of all of your user data as it will all be wiped out. Do not use this method if you don’t have a backup. You can use tools like SyncDroid to backup your Android device to your computer.
- Power off the Android phone. If you cannot turn off the phone, just take the battery out and replace it back after five seconds.
- Press the key combination to get into the recovery mode. The key combination varies from one phone to another. Some of the popular key combinations are Power + VolUp or Power + VolUp + VolDown, but you should check online which one works for your phone model.
- Once you are in the recovery mode, you can choose the the options to wipe the user data / factory reset the device.
- Reboot your phone and it will work like new.
Conclusion: Android may show errors after system update related to apps and processes, but they can be easily fixed by clearing the app specific data or complete data reset.
i did the second method but they told me do you want to clear all data? i didn’t want to assuming that all my files would be deleted, is my thought true??
It will wipe all the user data for Android. Not all the files. But to make sure, you should backup all your files first using software like SyncDroid.
Have a Viking Pro tablet that displays message “bluetooth has stopped” after factory reset and cannot continue beyond that message? If you know how to fix this, please let me know.
I tried all the method but its still appeard the Bluetooth has stopped any apk or software to solve The problem??
Thank you soo much, for my mobile HTC it shows unfortunately Bluetooth stopped message continuously, i followed this given below steps and its work.
1. Open Android System Settings and select Apps from under the Device section.
2. On the Apps screen, switch to the All Apps section and choose the app or the process that is causing the problem. In this case, we select the Bluetooth app.
3. On the app info screen for that app, you have to touch on the Clear Data button to clear all the obsolete data for that app.
4. Repeat the steps 2 and 3 for all the apps or processes causing the errors and then reboot your phone.
I had the same problem with Samsung Note 3.
Samsung Note 3 does not have Apps.
Instead it has Application manager and right side to app info.
I found the “clear data ” but is grey out “…unable to clear data or cache.
P.S. to stop the irritating message “unfortunately , blue tooth has stop” I select airplane mode, so that I can receive what’s apps via wifi but unable to receive or phone function.
Please help me
I had AT&T retail store represntativefactory reset my HTC device 2 days ago and it seems to have cleared my problems.
It does not work even after factory reset. The problem goes back immediately. Forget about the solution you provided.
Doesnt work even with “wipe data/factory reset”
Comments are closed.